Cool summer treats that both you and your pet can enjoy!
- 2 cups (500mL) plain yogurt
- 1 cup (250mL) fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or chopped stone fruit such as peaches or plums
- 2 tbsp (30mL) maple syrup
- Stir together the yogurt, berries and syrup and freeze in containers appropriate for the size of your dog – muffin tins, mini muffin tins, ice cube trays and even yogurt containers for larger dogs work well. Fill them not quite full, keeping in mind that the mixture will swell as it freezes.
- To release them from the pan or container, dip the bottoms in warm water.
Makes 4 – 12 pup-sicles, depending on the size of the container used.
*All pets tolerate food and treats differently, specifically animals with special dietary needs. Questions are always worth a call to your veterinarian.